This website, including the optinopoli™ service ("service"), is owned and managed by Takanomi Limited ("we", "our"). Our address is Takanomi Ltd, The Catalyst, Heslington East, York YO10 5GA, United Kingdom.
Information Gathering and Usage
- We collect several different types of personal data for various purposes. This may include, but is not limited to IP addresses, email addresses, first and last names, phone numbers and address information.
- We use the data we collect for various purposes including to provide you with services, to notify you about changes to our services and/or products, to provide customer support, to provide you with informaton that may be of interest to you, and to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- We use a secure third-party payment processor, Worldpay, to process any payments. We do not see, process or store credit card numbers ourselves.
The information we collect is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Legal Basis for Collecting and Processing Personal Data
- Legitimate interest—we have a legitimate interest as a business to communicate information about products and services, and to share other information which we believe may be of interest to you, as long as we do not otherwise harm your own rights and interests.
- Contract—where we have a contract with you and require the data in order to fulfil our obligations under that contract.
- Legal obligation—where we are required to process the personal data in order to comply with the law.
Your Right to Opt-Out
You have a right to opt out of our email communications with you. The majority of the emails we send, including our marketing communications, have a link at the bottom of each email allowing you to opt out.
Other service-based emails are required to provide the service to you. If you do not wish to receive these, you can either:
- Adjust the relevant settings from within your account; or
- Contact us (via the contact information freely available on this website) for assistance or to request account closure.
Correcting Your Data
You can contact us to rectify or otherwise update any information we may hold about you. Certain information can also be updated directly from within the Account Settings feature of your optinopoli™ account ("account").
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required both to use our service and to use this website.
We use third party services (see the next section) to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run this website. Although we own the code, databases, and all rights to the service, you retain all rights to your data.
Password information relating to any registered account you may hold with us is not known to us. Instead it is stored via a salting and hashing mechanism designed to simply recognize when the correct password has been entered. It does not facilitate retrieval of the password. If you have forgotten your password, you will need to use the appropriate link on the login page of this website to request a new one is sent to you.
We may retain certain personal data entered by or created for you for future use, such as for monitoring the efficacy of the services provided to registered users and our related marketing activities, unless otherwise subject to instruction by you (see Right to Be Forgotten).
Third Party Services
We integrate with the following third-party services:
- Fortrabbit—to host this website and provide the service. In turn, Fortrabbit uses AWS (Amazon Web Services) with a data centre based in the EU.
- Rackspace—for a content delivery network.
- Mailgun and Infusionsoft—to provide emailing services.
- Worldpay—to process payments on our behalf.
As a result of our use of third-party services, data may be transferred from the EU (or UK) to the US to enable provision of those services. Such data transfers use the EU-US Privacy Shield amongst other valid lawful mechanisms. For further information, you should consult the specific services referred to above.
Your Right to Be Forgotten
If you are based in the EU or the UK, you have the right to request that we remove any information we may hold that relates to you. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing via the contact information available on this website, and will be processed within a commercially-reasonable timeframe in accordance with applicable laws.
If you are based in the EU, you have the right to view the data we hold about you, be told what the purposes are for that data, discover who that information has been disclosed to and determine how long we will hold the data for. Any such request should be submitted to us in writing via the contact information available on this website, and will be processed promptly in accordance with applicable laws.
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Stephen D Shaw, who can be contacted with any queries via the contact information that's freely available on this website.
All such queries will be responded to as soon as possible, and certainly within a 30 day period.
In addition to the above clauses, under the terms of the EU's GDPR ("General Data Protection Regulation"), optinopoli™ acts as the initial Data Controller for data entered into forms supplied by the service and displayed on registered users' websites, such as when someone enters an email address.
This data is programmatically sent to the registered user in accordance with their instructions. This might include sending it to an Email Service Provider they have integrated with their account. Within a short time period, such data is anonymized on our system using standard industry practices.
We may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with legal obligations.
Personal Data Relating to Children
We do not knowingly collect or process data from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, please discontinue using this website.
If we become aware that such data has been processed, we will make all reasonable efforts to remove that data from our systems.