We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you subscribe to receive information from optinopoli™ ("subscriber"), we ask for your email address and possibly additional information such as your name. When registering to use optinopoli™ ("registered user") we ask for your email address.
- Before you're able to either receive the information requested as a subscriber, or use optinopoli™ as a registered user, we ask you to confirm this email address to ensure it's real, belongs to you, and that you're happy for us to contact you by email in future.
- As a registered user, should you choose to upgrade to use business-level features, we request further information such as your name, billing address, and credit card information to enable us to process payments. We do not see, process or store credit card numbers ourselves, these are securely passed to and processed by our secure payment provider, Worldpay.
- optinopoli™ uses collected information from those subscribers and registered users for the following general purposes as and where applicable: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
Email addresses are only used for the purposes of communicating with you when you have given us clear consent to do so.
We believe in full transparency and in giving you full control over the emails you receive. As a registered user, you can tell us about the types of email you wish to receive at any time via the Privacy Settings within your optinopoli™ account. As a subscriber, a link to manage the emails you are subscribed to receive is provided within each email sent to you.
As a registered user, you can also choose whether or not to receive lead notification emails from within your optinopoli™ account, and toggle this feature on or off at any time via the Lead Magnet settings.
You can also contact us to rectify or otherwise update any information we may hold about you. If you are a registered user, certain information can also be updated directly from within the Account Settings feature in your optinopoli™ account.
We are a company that helps businesses around the world to easily and effectively grow. As such, in the natural course of our communication with you, in order to provide the best possible service and let you know about opportunities that may be available, all communication from us may include marketing information.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required both to use the optinopoli™ service and to use this website.
optinopoli™ uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run optinopoli™. Although optinopoli™ owns the code, databases, and all rights to the optinopoli™ application, you retain all rights to your data.
Password information relating to any registered account you may hold with us is not known to us. Instead it is stored via a salting and hashing mechanism designed to simply recognize when the correct password has been entered. It does not facilitate retrieval of the password. If you have forgotten your password, you will need to use the appropriate link on the login page of this website to request a new one is sent to you.
As a cloud-based service, optinopoli™ uses Fortrabbit as a hosting and application platform, which in turn uses AWS (Amazon Web Services) with a data centre based in the EU.
We also integrate with Rackspace and Mailgun to provide emailing services which means data may be transferred between the EU and US to enable provision of those services. Such data transfers use the EU-US Privacy Shield amongst other valid lawful mechanisms. For further information, you should consult the specific services referred to here.
We may retain certain information entered by or created for you for future use, such as for monitoring efficacy of the services provided to registered users and of our related marketing activities, unless otherwise subject to instruction by you (see Right to Be Forgotten).
Right to Be Forgotten
If you are based in the EU, you have the right to request that we remove any information we may hold that relate to you. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing via the contact information available on this website, and will be processed promptly in accordance with applicable laws.
If you are based in the EU, you also have the right to view the data we hold about you, be told what the purposes are for that data, discover who that information has been disclosed to and determine how long we will hold the data for. As above, any such request should be submitted to us in writing via the contact information available on this website, and will be processed promptly in accordance with applicable laws.
In addition to the above clauses, under the terms of the EU's GDPR ("General Data Protection Regulation"), optinopoli™ acts as the initial Data Controller for data entered into forms supplied by our software and displayed on registered users' websites, such as when someone enters an email address.
This data is programmatically sent to the registered user in accordance with their instructions. This might include sending it to an Email Service Provider they have integrated with their optinopoli™ account. Within a short time period, such data is anonymized on our system using standard industry practices.
optinopoli™ may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
optinopoli™ may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our site. Such notice will be given at least 3 days in advance of the date the new policy will be applied.