We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you first register for optinopoli™ we ask for your email address. Before you're able to use optinopoli™, we ask you to confirm this email address to ensure it's real, belongs to you, and that you're happy for us to contact you by email in future.
- Should you choose to upgrade to use business-level features, we request further information such as your name, billing address, and credit card information to enable us to process payments. We do not process or store credit card numbers ourselves, these are securely processed by Worldpay.
- optinopoli™ uses collected information from users for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
Email addresses are only used for the purposes of communicating with you when you have given us clear consent to do so. This consent can be withdrawn at any time either by clicking the opt out link at the bottom of emails we send to you, or by contacting us via the contact information available on this website. You can similarly contact us in order to rectify or otherwise update any information we may hold about you.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required both to use the optinopoli™ service and to use this website.
optinopoli™ uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run optinopoli™. Although optinopoli™ owns the code, databases, and all rights to the optinopoli™ application, you retain all rights to your data.
Password information relating to any registered account you may hold with us is not known to us. Instead it is stored via a salting and hashing mechanism designed to simply recognize when the correct password has been entered. It does not facilitate retrieval of the password. If you have forgotten your password, you will need to use the appropriate link on the login page of this website to request a new one is sent to you.
As a cloud-based service, optinopoli™ uses Fortrabbit as a hosting and application platform, which in turn uses AWS (Amazon Web Services) with a data centre based in the EU.
We also integrate with Rackspace and Mailgun to provide emailing services which means data may be transferred between the EU and US to enable provision of those services. Such data transfers use the EU-US Privacy Shield amongst other valid lawful mechanisms. For further information, you should consult the specific services referred to here.
We may retain certain information entered by or created for you for future use, such as for monitoring efficacy of the services provided to customers and of our related marketing activities, unless otherwise subject to instruction by you (see Right to Be Forgotten).
Right to Be Forgotten
Users based in the EU have the right to request that we remove any information we may hold that relate to them. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing via the contact information available on this website, and will be processed promptly in accordance with applicable laws.
Users based in the EU also have the right to view the data we hold about them, be told what the purposes are for that data, discover who that information has been disclosed to and determine how long we will hold the data for. As above, any such request should be submitted to us in writing via the contact information available on this website, and will be processed promptly in accordance with applicable laws.
In addition to the above clauses, under the terms of the GDPR ("General Data Protection Regulation") within the EU, for our registered users ("customer"), optinopoli™ temporarily acts as the Data Controller for data entered into forms provided via our system, such as someone subscribing on the customer's website.
This data is then programmatically passed to the customer in accordance with their instructions, such as by sending it to an Email Service Provider they have integrated with their optinopoli™ account. Once the data has been passed to them, the customer becomes the Data Controller for that data, such data is removed or otherwise anonymized on our system, and optinopoli™ stops acting as the Data Controller of that data, other than in performing any obligations as previous Data Controller of that data.
optinopoli™ may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
optinopoli™ may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your optinopoli™ primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. Such notice will be given at least 3 days in advance of the date the new policy will be applied.